Data Science is a field that encompasses data cleansing, preparation, and analysis. A data scientist gathers data from multiple sources and applies predictive analytics, machine learning, and sentiment analysis to extract critical information from the collected data sets. Data scientists strive to understand data from a business point of view and are able to provide accurate predictions and insights that can be used to power critical business decisions.
There’s no doubt about it – analytics isn’t just the way of the future, it’s the way of right now! Tokyo Techies is offering you a unique opportunity to hone your data science skills by practicing hands-on with actual data sets. Our professional data scientists will guide you through the process. Whether you are a technical or a business person, in the era of shifting competitive landscape, you can only gain from learning more about data science. You will enhance your problem solving and analytical skills, and increase your chances to excel at your work.
Why join our Data Science Battleground?
Our workshops are solid, but not set in stone. They will adapt to the level and interests of the participants while maintaining the consistency.
We are going to hold the workshop EVERY WEEK to keep you stay on track.
The workshops are hands-on and we include plenty of practical exercises.
Our tutors from the field, and we know how data science is applied in practice. We keep our knowledge up to date and sharp. And, we are excited to share our knowledge and experience.
Our tutors offer support and coaching to every participant so that you never get stuck and always have feedback on your work to keep you moving forward.
Teamwork with people from different fields and backgrounds.
Various datasets with different problems.
Networking with data scientists and AI engineers.
Experience with Python is preferred. Beginners are welcome.
First come, first served! Maximum of 30 attendees only. Register ahead to secure your seat. The door will be open at 1:30 PM for walk-in registrants. We will close the door once the workshop starts, so please don’t be late!
- Dataset: House Prices: Advanced Regression Techniques (Boston & Tokyo)
- Special Speakers:
- SPEAKER#1: Yuma Matsuda, Ph.D., graduated from the School of Global Engineering at Kyoto University. He subsequently completed a master’s degree in applied mathematics and physics, and took up a position at NEC Central Research Laboratories. After participating in joint research projects with the MIT Media Lab and Hutchison Whampoa Limited, he launched another joint research project with Tohoku University focused on brain computers. In 2016 he resigned from NEC to go independent. He continues to conduct research on intelligence and life, and in May 2017 he launched the limited liability company iQβ (“IQ Beta”).
- SPEAKER#2: Phong Nguyen, After graduating world’s top IT university, Carnegie Melon, Phong joined Hitachi’s Research Lab, where he has become a leader of AI lab. Phong is passionate about teaching and bringing value to his students.
Dataset: Dog breed: Classify your cute buddies
Dataset: What’s cooking
Dataset: Voice Classification
Dataset: Can Machine Read Your Handwritten Hiragana Letters?
Dataset: Sentiment Analysis
Dataset: New York Stock Exchange
Dataset: Human or Robot Bidder
Dataset: Costa Rican Household Poverty Level Prediction
Dataset: IMDB Explore the world of movies
Dataset: Predict Bitcoin data
Dataset: Hiragana Classification
|Group name||Start date||Session duration||Number of sessions||Standard price|
|Data Science Battleground Workshop Apr 20||Apr 20 (Sat) 14:00 - 16:30||2h30m||1 sessions (weekly)||1,500 JPY||Register|
|Data Science Battleground Workshop May 11||May 11 (Sat) 14:00 - 16:30||2h30m||1 sessions (weekly)||1,500 JPY||Register|
|Data Science Battleground Workshop May 25||May 25 (Sat) 14:00 - 16:30||2h30m||1 sessions (weekly)||1,500 JPY||Register|
LOOKING FOR OTHER OPTIONS?
Below are the courses that you may want to take after this course:
Head of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Department
- Data Science and Research Mentor at Tokyo Techies
- Master Graduate from Carnegie Mellon University.
- Researcher in an AI lab at a big global corporation.
- Global working experience in Singapore, Australia, US, Vietnam and Japan.
- A results-oriented Researcher and Data Guru with vast managerial and technical experience in financial management, marketing, business planning.
- Adapt at programming in multiple different languages, such as Java, Python and R.